Support CCSH

Welcome to Community Care for South Hastings! Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization — Plainly stated, our programs and services could not be provided without the help and support of our volunteers. Our staffing complement is small, and our appreciation of our volunteer contingent is huge. Thank you for choosing Community Care as your volunteer cause. We look forward to working with you, and creating a positive experience for all concerned.

Why Volunteer?

You’re busy. I’m busy. We’re all busy. You care about your community and want to help, but you wonder if volunteering is really worth the time. Can you make a difference? Should you wait until you have more free time?

Top four reasons to volunteer:

  1. You decide your time commitment – You decide how much time you want to give and what tasks you will do. You can challenge yourself with new experiences or do what you already do best. You can always change your mind and try something else. We welcome volunteers who can give a few hours, as well as those who want a full-time, year round commitment.
  1. Volunteering is a learning experience – What do you know about seniors? People with disabilities? Your community? You will build skills and knowledge from the tasks you take on, and the people you meet.
  1. You can make a difference – The key to making a difference is getting   involved with an organization whose ideas work. Community Care for South Hastings has been helping older individuals for over 29 years.
  1. Volunteering boosts your spirits – In simple terms, when you help others you get a positive feeling in return. A smile from a senior will start a smile on your face. You will enjoy interacting with new friends, including the clients you work with, staff, and other volunteers.

In order to volunteer with Community Care South Hastings, we invite you to fill out our volunteer form.

Community Care South Hastings has two on-going fundraising activities:

Community Care for South Hastings prides itself on the provision of quality services and activities that facilitate the independence of seniors’ and adults with physical disabilities. Our home support programs are practical, useful and essential when it applies to being able to safely remain in your own home with your dignity and sense of self-worth intact.

Your donations will stay in the community and assist many individuals, not administration.  Our services are only partially (approximately 49%) funded by the SE LHIN, and we must find the financial resources to support the other 51% of our programs.  Please be part of our excitement, to do more in the community for seniors.   An official income tax receipt can be issued promptly.

Click here to learn more about donating to CCSH.